I have lived in the area for over 40 years, running my own business in New Mills before qualifying as a Community Development Worker at Manchester University. I retired and moved to Hayfield in 2013, becoming a more active member of the Labour Party through Hayfield & NM Branch. As a grandmother I am involved with local nursery & primary schools and environmental groups. I initiated a Climate Change action group within Hayfield & New Mills Branch, and we are now part of Derbyshire Climate Coalition, a multi-agency, cross party group of activists putting pressure on Derbyshire County Council & Derby City Council to declare a state of Climate Emergency.
Locally we have joined with Sustainable Hayfield, Transition New Mills and residents to persuade New Mills Town Council & Hayfield Parish Council to declare a Climate Emergency. I support Ruth with her campaign to challenge library closures in High Peak, including Hayfield library. These are part of needless Tory austerity measures, which include cuts to local health, support, police, transport, volunteer and children’s services to name but a few. Austerity is a political choice, not a necessity. I intend to consult with Hayfield residents to find ways to cope with increased numbers of visitors & residents needing parking spaces. I am also currently actively involved with residents, Hayfield Parish Council & HPBC to resolve flooding issues affecting Shudehill Close and Market Street.
My pledges to you
• I will consult with residents, Parish & Borough Councils to try to create an action plan and identify solutions to the parking issues within Hayfield Village Centre, Kinder Road and surrounding areas.
• I will work with residents, Parish & High Peak Borough Councils to resolve the flooding issues that are blighting the lives of residents, including very elderly people, and local businesses affected by flooding and excess surface water in and around their property
• I will continue to challenge needless austerity measures and cuts to vital services by Tory run Derbyshire County Council & Government
• I will continue to work tirelessly with residents, Labour Party, environmental groups and other organisations to pressure Derbyshire County Council and the Government to recognise and address the Climate Emergency
• I will support local groups with village clean-ups and other local initiatives to keep our village as clean, green and self- sufficient as possible
You can contact me by calling 07875676599 or emailing email@example.com